Sunday, December 5, 2010

The New Zealand Graphic and Ladies' Journal

I don't know much about this publication sorry. I came across it by accident when searching 19th Century Periodicals on the Gale Database today. Perhaps it needs a closer look since it's the only place I've found mention of Grandad Draffin's sporting pursuits.

I know he was a keen boxer and yachtsman as well, just an all-round sport maniac really.

You might get lucky as well, so have a look.

The Gale newspapers are online and if you are member of the New Zealand Society of Genealogists, you can access it from their website. Otherwise, I'm not sure, maybe you need a subscription.

The inaugural meeting of the Onehunga Cycling Club Carnival reported on Saturday, April 07, 1900.
The copy of this article is too small to read sorry even when clicking the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment