Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bulls Museum

I called in there yesterday, you can hardly miss it being in the main street when on your way north to Taihape.

It has a family history corner, although the archivist, Ann Simms, was not there when I called in, I took a photo of it some of the box files which looked very interesting.
To write
Bulls & Districts Historical Society, 81 High St, Bulls, 4818, New Zealand.

So if you are passing, do call in, they plan on updating the displays regularly.

Now, it hungry work, driving around the country and I've found a place to eat that is so scrumptious, don't miss it. ( I have no relationship to the cook!).

Its called 'Sugar Plum Cafe' and its just past the last turn off to Marton when on your on way to Taihape. So its out in the middle of nowhere but open for breakfast and closes at 3pm-3:30pm.

The building was originally a factory making electric fences and the present owner (a very good cook) has been there for six years.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. My 2x great grandfather was declared bankrupt, he had been a hairdresser in Bulls. I wonder what, if anything, the museum would hold on him or his hairdressing business.
    Thanks for the tip on where to eat, I must remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marilyn
    I'm currently indexing many of the Bulls Museum paper files - what was your 2x Grandfather's name? Send me your email address and if I come across anything I can scan it and send to you.
    Cheers
    Sandra
    somerset-house@xtra.co.nz

    ReplyDelete