Thursday, September 16, 2010

Research organisation

Lately, I've been researching a family down from an 1851 immigrant, Christina Lockhart. She had nine children and most of them came to New Zealand.

Originally, as always advised, I started with myself and worked up to this ancestor, then I concentrated in finding her story in Scotland. That was quite a few years ago.

Now that I'm going back down the family in New Zealand, I'm finding that it is a most interesting one and I am enjoying the time spent with them in the records. Then I found as the family widens over the years, its difficult to keep track of who's who and have it all to hand when I visit a library or such. And its so easy to look for them these days, even when I'm in my pyjamas. Below is my attempt to keep track of all 109 of them and growing by the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment