Thursday, August 19, 2010

Facebook and Genealogy

Social networking is all the thing these days. Our children and grandchildren do it with ease. One told me, it's all about promoting yourself, don't bother! I have to admit, I don't want to promote myself but I do want to promote the history of New Zealand and the genealogy records using all the latest tools.

So, I've been learning about facebook. The first thing I realised is that it's not easy to find the tools for configuring it. The how-to pages refer to tools I don't have available. But since I'm new to it, I'm just going to overlook these occurrences and trust that things will get clearer in time.

I created a group page where discussions, events, photos etc can be shared. It's global at the moment which means anyone can use it. If it gets spammed or such, we can change the setting to invitations only.

So please join and see what it evolves into. Lets see if social networking can work for grandma's and grandpa's. If you know any other facebook groups which promote the same subject, please let me know.

Just click the link at the top right hand side on this blog. It will prompt you for your facebook user name and password. Join if you don't have one yet.
  • For those who are passionate about New Zealand history. 
  • All sorts of records and where to find them.
  • The people who lived here and their footprints in those records.
  • Famous New Zealanders and what they did.
  • New Zealand disasters and shipwrecks.
  • Funny story's about old New Zealanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment